Friday, June 19, 2009

A DREAM REALIZED

Somebody wrote me an email today:


Good day Sir Gilbert Monsanto,

I just want to share with you this piece of nostalgia. Attached with this email is a scanned page from the Letters to the Editor page of the Superman Comics published locally by Atlas, I think this was published during the latter 80's. I just want to congratulate that the dream you had envisioned at the time you wrote your letter is now a reality via your Bayan Knights. No small thanks to you that we now have a bunch of original Superheroes and their own stories to tell. I think this would be fun if you'll post this on your blog. I just want to show that with persistence and a lot of perseverance we all can achieve our dreams--and certainly you had achieved yours.
Along with this is the cover of the comics where your letter appeared.

More power to you and to your league of Knights who staunchly fights for the revival of the Komiks Industry here in the Philippines. I admire all of your efforts.

Thanks for now,
-jzhunagev-






Thank you my friend for reminding me about the dream. Keep looking forward right?
I dont have the copy of this reprint anymore. It is nice to know that you still have it with you.

So I guess, I'll have to ask people again on this one. Who's with me? Para sa Komiks!

10 comments:

Mark Rosario said...

I have a Man of Steel and a Ghostbusters back then. Oo, Atlas nga pala ang nagrelease nito.

Ang galing naman ni jzhunagev at naitabi pa nya copy nya. Haha! This is priceless!

Lastly, I'm with you, Sarge. You can always count on my support! :D

Gio Paredes said...

I am with you Sarge, all the way.

Markus, may Ghostbusters din ako dito sa bahay. Buhay pa. :-)

Hazel Manzano said...

naks! Ang galing! Congrats dude! May Atlas pala na nagpublish ng Superman noon...

monsanto said...

Oo Hazel, parang PSICOM siya noon. may rights magreprint ng DC comic titles. :)

Gerry Alanguilan said...

May kopya ako nyan. Nabili ko noong araw. Sabi... sino ba itong Monsanto na ito?!! he.he. I love you pre.

Jaybee said...

I'm with you bossing sarge!!

MMO AGGRO said...

meron din po ako niyan noong nilabas yan excited pa nga ako noon at wala akong pakialam kung sino man ung nagdrawing basta makabasa lang ng comics. sadly nawala ung mga collection ko kahit ung mga reprint na produce ng MKPI ung black and white na Marvel, DC, Valiant comics kasabay nung Kick Fighter, Bragon Boy Z ganun ^_^

Jhomar Soriano said...

Ang galing non ah!

stampychan said...

Ang galing naman n'on, parang nagkaroon na kayo ng sign na gagawa nga kayo ng sarili nating mga komiks superheroes! Hindi pa nga lang ako pinapanganak ng mga panahon na yan, heheh, pero ngayon, nakaka-relate na ko dahil mahilig rin po ako sa mga comics. Keep it up Sir! Susuportahan ko po kayo sa ipinaglalaban nyo!

Unknown said...

PARA SA KOMIKS! wooooo! 2009 po ninyo yan ginawa, ngaun 2013 ko lang nakita... hehe. anyways, I'm with you, boss! Keep up the good work and more power!