Sunday, October 01, 2006

"I AM A KOMIKS READER" ART RECIPIENT IS...


Rodel Timbreza is the lucky recipent of an original art from me. His request? Thunderstone. I created this character in 1991, if I am not mistaken, and I am surprised he even remembered Thunderstone. Here is the pencilled art I made for Mr. Timbreza. I've decided to ink this one as my publisher won the arguement that the art will last longer inked. :)
Unfortunately, he forgot to write in his mailing address. I've already sent him an email about this and will just wait for his reply before we send this thru mail.

Thanks to everyone who participated and for those who haven't yet, you can still send in letters to smp_letters@yahoo.com. We'll probably send an original art within the next month if more emails came in.

Thanks again,
Gilbert Monsanto

2 comments:

Rei Kyo said...

Amazing!!!! Thank you very much, Mr. Monsanto.This is Rodel Timbreza.And I really loved the way you draw "Thunder Stone," Ito kasi ang pinakapaborito kong superhero character na ginawa mo sa Bata Batuta Komiks. Ang pagkakaalam ko pa nga, meron siyang iba pang naging kaalyado na super heroes na naging series mo din sa BBK. Hindi ko lang matandaan kung isa si Gammaknight sa mga kasama niya. Yung THUNDER STONE SERIES ninyo kasi ang naging isa sa mga reason kung bakit isa kayo sa mga hinahangaan kong local artist. Naging taga-subaybabay ako ng mga gawa ninyo sa local publication (from BBK to Infinity Publishing Inc...until now.)

More powers!!! Again, thank you very much!

Rey said...

You just made one guy very happy, Gilbert. Sana ingatan niya ang artwork na yan.

I remembered when I received an original artwork (colored) from Lan Medina about 15 years ago. It inspired me so much. I was just a high school kid then.

Good luck with all these endeavors. Mabuhay ang pinoy komiks.